The Launching of PEFINDO25 Index
On May 18, 2009, Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX), together with PT PEFINDO and the Investor Daily, launched a new stock index named as PEFINDO25 SME Index. The Index represents the stocks of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) with good fundamental performances and liquidity that are listed in IDX.
PEFINDO25 Index consists of 25 stocks chosen based on their financial and liquidity performances, as well as their high number of public ownerships. The stocks have to under through the stages of selection below:
1. Initial Selection Criteria
- Have a total asset of less than Rp 1 trillion, based on its annual audited financial report.
- Have same or higher Return on Equity’s (ROE) level from the average ROEs of all Listed Companies in IDX
- Receive Unqualified Opinion by Public accountant on its audited financial report
- Have been listed in IDX for at least 6 (six) months.
2. Rating Criteria by considering the liquidity aspects and the number of shares owned by public (floating shares)
The Liquidity Parameter consists of :
- Number of shares owned by public (floating shares)
- Transaction volume during the evaluation period
- Transaction frequency during the evaluation period
- Number of trading days during the evaluation period
- Transaction Value during the evaluation period
- Floating Shares is the total number of shares owned by parties whose ownerships are below 5%
IDX, PEFINDO and Investor Daily will routinely monitor the stock components in the Index calculation. Every twice a year, that is on the first trading day in February and August, the stocks listed in the PEFINDO25 Index will be reviewed and changed. The base date for this index is December 29, 2005 with the index value of 100
The PEFINDO25 Index is expected to be one of the indicators investors could use for investing in the Capital Market of Indonesia. [Read more....]
For further info, please contact:
PT Pemeringkat Efek Indonesia (PEFINDO)
Telp. 021-7278 2380
Faks. 021-7278 2370